Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #45 (permalink)
MCREatSum41Yellowcards
Groupie

Okay......I give Slayer A LOT of credit....for not selling out like Metallica with BS albums like Load, Reload, and St. Anger. Sure, Slayer had many great albums and have remained consistent for years and still remains one of the heaviest (and most devilish) bands now. However, NO BAND can top what Metallica did when they were still an honest heavy metal band that didn't conform to nobody. I can think of two monumental albums by Slayer: Reign In Blood and South Of Heaven. However, Metallica had Kill 'Em All, Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice For All, and Metallica (othrwise known as "the black album". I can't possibly say that any of Slayer's work all together can top those albums. Plus, Death Magnetic, which was Metallica going back to the arrangements they once went through before "the black album", showed what could've been if Metallica never "sold out". What if Metallica made something that wasn't like Load or Reload and kept composing albums that were similar to Ride The Lightning?

So yeah...had to vent a little. Anyway I love Slayer but I love Metallica more. As Metal Gods, they totally pummel Slayer and their ANGEL OF DEATHHHHHH!! XD As mortals...well we can forget that part. =/
MCREatSum41Yellowcards is offline   Reply With Quote