Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #15004 (permalink)
holly984
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
I like Survival more.

I think I put up some reggae recs in the reggae section. Pls tell me to repeat the same if you aren't arsed to look for it.
Thanks Il Duce. I'll check out Survival too. And it's no bother, I'll go look. Thank you though In fact, I didn't even think to look in the 'reggae' section in the first place *blush*. I'm going to read the Regaee/Ska Introduction and Recommendation threads there. Because honestly, I don't even know what 'ska' or 'dub' mean xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
It's always hard to say where reggae meets ska and where it meets dub.
So I might be a little off here, but you might want to try the Scientist's Dub album "Scientist rids the world of the Evil Curse of the Vampires". Another nice band (mixes ska with reggae) are the Aggrolites... Horace Andy, King Tubby...
Some of these artists have been busy for 30, 40 years. So it's hard to find 'the right stuff'. I need to make a mixtape sometime
But please be sure to check out that Scientist album I mentioned.

See if you like this
And I've always loved this very old Marley tune:
Thank you s_k! Hmm...listening to this music gives me the urge to be relaxing on the beach w/some drinks, lol. Alas, I'll have to settle for a tropical beach screensaver I'll definitely check out the Scientist album. xo
holly984 is offline   Reply With Quote