Music Banter - View Single Post - The Instrument Recommendation thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #40 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Fender squier acoustics are OK, not fantastic but workable.

As for progression, I'm afraid there are no shortcuts,but one thing you can do to help yourself get used to where the strings are, is to go out and buy the thinnest plectrum you can find. I used a .36mm nylon plectrum for this.

Then learn Street spirit by radiohead. Its really simple to play, but the fact you're using a super thin pick will force you to really work on your picking, because if you hit even remotely too hard, you'll strum 2 or even 3 strings at once rather than one. Practice until you can play it cleanly with your super thin plectrum, and your hands muscle memory of where each string is will improve immensely, allowing you to tackle lots more stuff easily. (Once you've gone back to a thick pick of course, god forbid you stick with the .36mm, thats just crazy thin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote