Music Banter - View Single Post - The Final Sound
Thread: The Final Sound
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Zer0

Here's a selection of songs that have lit up my world in 2011 so far.

One of the standout tracks from my favourite album of 2011 so far. Just a cracking tune full of killer hooks and passion.

The opening track from their self-titled debut. It perfectly channels the spirit of late 80's/early 90's alternative rock to create a belter of a tune.

Good old Polly Jean is back with us with her best album in a decade and this song is probably the highlight of the Let England Shake.

I still feel a little bit underwhelmed by their new album Fluorescence but this song is by far the best on the album and one of the best songs I've heard from them. Just love that huge chorus.

The opening track from their debut full length Colour Trip sets the tone for the album perfectly. Channeling the spirit of My Bloody Valentine and The Jesus and Mary Chain and injecting some modern production and great vocal hooks to create a modern shoegaze classic.

A nice dark, haunting and atmospheric tune taken from their full-length debut Violet Cries.

With some killer dual guitar riffs, guitar noise and boy-girl vocal exchanges this Norwegian band have their sights set on the indie/alternative big league. Their debut album Decay Decoy has a nice Sonic Youth-esque feel to it.

The second single to be lifted from their forthcoming album Blood Pressures makes me even more excited for the new album. The song is also available as a free legal download here