Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #536 (permalink)
clutnuckle
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
I base my opinion on far more than just one song. I don't dismiss any future recordings of an artist just because I didn't like what they did before. See the Sufjan Stevens example in my last post. If I don't like something it's because I don't think it has artistic merit. If I don't feel yet qualified to talk about someone's music because I don't know them or a style well enough then I don't give an opinion on it. I think you are making alot of assumptions about what I have heard and how seriously I take it.
When I put things in quotations, I'm taking a drastic example. If you feel as though those particular comments are directed at you even though I'm obviously pumping them full of absurdity, then I apologize.

Though your bolded part is absolute rubbish. "I don't think it has..." is not an objective statement. It shows opinion, perspective, position, etc. Accept the fact that you have an opinion, not something set in stone. As you delve further into music, you're going to come across more and more that you don't like, and it's not always the musician's fault.
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote