Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 03:07 PM   #80 (permalink)
Sharky
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Hmmm...What has Kerry done that has gotten you so confident in him?
It's not what he's done, it's what he hasn't done that bush has, and what he doesn't like about bush that we don't like. We feel solidarity with the guy because he considers Bush to be a total moron. Opportunism or not, he's the only person to support.

Quote:
I changed my post (that's why I edited it...durr) because I went to the site because I am willing to do research based on sites/info you guys put up.
You changed your post because you realised that you're a dumb **** that doesn't do his research before he opens his big wide mouth.

Quote:
That countdown is set on a set total
Congress made and is set to reach that total on a certain date.
So in other words, it's based on estimates for the end cost, and is counting up to that end cost. Either the end of this war is very near, or the end cost will be absolutely huge.

Quote:
But one thing I was wondering, which was not in their information, is that is that money additional to our normal military spendings on bombs, ship repairs, etc. Because I do believe it is.
It's the entire cost of war. Bombs, ships, tanks, missles, ammo, men, food, diesel, water, aviation fuel, uranium rods, grenades, clothing, armor, nightvision, power generators, trucks, maintenance, explosives, etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
And Jibber, living in the United States, whether you are financially able or not, if you have the drive to get an education, you CAN get an education. Opportunities are available, night school, etc. Student loan systems.
So what you're telling me is that, you can get an education no matter who you are? Bull****. Schools can turn you down, you may be unable to move to go to try other areas for their schools, you might be unable to pay off the student loans... and so on.

Quote:
When people are needed at home, they don't have the time to get an education. How is that the government's problem? Maybe they should just go and pay the parents who a)probably didn't try to get an education when they were younger or b) are too lazy to get a job.
I don't see what's wrong with the government giving money to parents that cannot leave home to go to work but need the money to support themselves. It's known as childcare benefits and it's already in existance.

Quote:
How do you think those shelters are paid for? Miracles? No, the government strikes again. People take so many things for granted, this government provides everything. Yet they complain.
The majority of the homeless shelters are run, payed for, and owned by completely independant charity organisations. I've LIVED IN ONE before, and anyone else who has ever had to use one will tell you that there isn't enough government funding going into these charities.

Quote:
All in all...I'm tired of hearing people complain about our president who was elected by our people to run office.
You may be tired of hearing it, but it doesn't make the complaining wrong. As a US citizen, or member of the human race, you have every right to complain about a world leader.

Quote:
If you have a problem, go out and vote, be the voice of america. It's a beautiful thing.
The majority of us here probably aren't even old enough to vote. I'm not. But I will when I am old enough.

Quote:
People want money spent on research, money spent on this, and money spent on that.
Yes because there is not enough being spent on it. They could do the job they need to if more money was put into it, and this is what people do not realise. Simply pumping some random figure into a goverment sector or independant research foundation is not good enough, the goverment need to meet their demands for funding.

Quote:
I'd love to see the taxes you people pay. Probably jack****.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the taxes are based on how well off you are - so that the poor don't pay as much in taxes as the wealthy. So what you are actually insinuating here (intended or not) is that we're probably poor.

Quote:
I don't pay much, but then again, I don't complain about how tax dollars get spent.
LOL. Well I don't see what the problem is with complaining about how the government is spending YOUR money. It's not like we're whinging about what brand of cigarrette George Dubya smokes.

Quote:
Until Bill Gates starts demanding he wants research done on African Monkeys for AIDS, I am fine with how the money is being spent.
OK. Well we're not.

Quote:
And if you are not, shut the **** up, go out to the polls, and do something about it when November rolls around.
We are doing things about it. We become members of charities, we donate money, we petition the goverment for more funding. And those of us that care enough about things use our vote to support the things that we care about. But I do not see the sense in just shutting the hell up between here and november. Voting is not the zenith of political problem solving.
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote