Music Banter - View Single Post - Rebecca Black
Thread: Rebecca Black
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Goblin Tears
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Well I most certainly don't like gaga or the black eyed peas.
I think it's crap. But I do have the ability to hear that they make something that has the slightest bit to do with music and lyric writing. This... Rebecca, can't sing nor write lyrics. And musically it's just... humbug.
I have honestly never ever heard so much autotune that wasn't used as an effect. I thought the new Britney album had a lot of that. Well... compared to this, no.
Oh c'mon. Live a little. She references The Cure's Friday I'm In Love in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I didn't even bother responding to Wayfarer's comment when I saw it earlier because it just sounds like he hates all Pop music in general so it's a waste of time
I thought that too, he was bunching them all together as if they were the same...but he has a point in that there are some really weird lyrics in some pop songs - Katy Perry's Firework comes to mind. But it's pop...the focus is on the production, melody and vocals, none of which are delivered at a basic human level with Rebecca Black. But who can blame her? She doesn't have the same resources as say, Katy Perry, and she's only 13. And these basic qualities are what give 'Friday' its charm! I LOVE it.

The song is charting on itunes.
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote