Music Banter - View Single Post - Rebecca Black
Thread: Rebecca Black
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #44 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
lol, I'm not saying pop music is bad, or that Lady GaGa or the Black Eyed Peas or whoever else are bad, or that it's bad to prefer one pop band/artist over another pop band/artist, I just find it funny to hear people who sing the praises of this:

Tick-tock on the clock,
But the party don't stop, no,
Woah-oh oh oh,
Woah-oh oh oh

Laughing about this:

It’s Friday, Friday,
Gotta get down on Friday,
Everybody’s looking forward to the weekend

It's like a bunch of Def Leppard fans making fun of Poison fans.

And for the record, I wasn't comparing Rebecca Black as an artist to The Beatles as artists, I was comparing the lyrics of "Friday" to some early Beatles lyrics that people tend to place on a pedestal because of the names in the credits rather than because of their actual merit. But sure, feel free to go listen to "Love Me Do" and pretend like it's not just as much a load of lyrical horse**** as this song is. Not that I'm saying that's necessarily a bad thing; I realize it's just a goofy, happy-go-lucky pop song that isn't exactly intended to cause one to sit back and contemplate the meaning of life.... but neither is this musical atrocity.
I understand where you are coming from and they both have silly simplistic lyrics but that how is that bad/wrong to have a preference and like one over the other. I'm pretty sure in whatever genre you love there are bands/artists that are similar and you prefer one band over the other for whatever personal reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post

I honestly don't even think you read his post, or you're just analyzing it completely wrong and are getting snippy.
No, I read it. I understand what he is saying but I just don't agree with the sentiment. The main reason I got a little snippy was because he basically called me and others like me douches for having personal preferences. Sure, they have a very similar formula and simple lyrics but that doesn't mean we can't like one artist over another AND make fun of the artist that we don't like.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote