Music Banter - View Single Post - Bon Jovi: "Steve Jobs Killed Music"
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
Well, I don't think he deserves everything that's been said about him here :P He's got a right to be pissed with iTunes as much as any artist does. I remember seeing a table showing how much each artist gets out of every iTunes sale, and it was a tiny percentage. He may not need the money, but many other artists do, and he's also right about the albums thing, at the same time.

Secondly, I don't see how he's had anything to do with "killing" music. Bon Jovi have a load of decent tunes, yeah they have some (a few :P) crap ones as well, but show me a popular band that doesn't. I can't think of a single thing he's done that would come close to even harming music.

Enough reasoning? :P Given that noone has thus far given a reason why, I personally feel that's enough to show why not.
There's a perfectly good reason to attack Jovi, and I hinted at it earlier. Instead of writing a carefully thought-out article on his opinion of the "album experience" in the digital age, (which would have said, in a nutshell, "The album experience has vanished and, in my opinion, this is bad for music") he acted like a 2-year-old throwing a temper tantrum at a business figurehead.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote