Music Banter - View Single Post - R.I.P. Nate Dogg
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
He didn't say that. He said that Japan's earthquake overshadowed Nate Dogg's death.
My post was not in response to the OP. It was in response to the exchange between vega and anticipation.

I think I see what DJ was saying and the point he was trying to make and I think, and hope, that it's just one person misunderstanding the other.

If an individual I was a fan of happened to pass away at the same time as a disaster like the one in Japan, it's not like I shouldn't be allowed to affected by this the way I would on any other day or at any other time.

However DJ, the thing you are overlooking is the use of the word overshadowed. If you read your OP it seems to read like "It's a shame that this guys death was overshadowed by the disaster in Japan." Logically the disaster in Japan has to overshadow the death of any one individual, whoever it is. People die every day, it's much less of a natural or frequent occurence for over a thousand people and entire villages, towns and cities to be destroyed. The way you worded it seems to suggest you are actually comparing the two.

Anyway, this thread probably shouldn't become a flame war so try to keep it on topic.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote