Music Banter - View Single Post - POP/PUNK is dead
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Bah, I don't care what this forum says, I liked Taking Back Sunday, Blink-182, Green Day, Motion City Soundtrack, and Sum 41 for a long period of time as a teenager. While my listening to these artists has sharply declined in the last couple years, I wouldn't call them **** and I won't renounce my enjoyment of their music.

That being said, because I stopped listening to Pop Punk, I haven't taken notice of any up-and-coming artists lately. Therefore, I don't have an opinion regarding the OP's question. Turns out this response was pointless.
Same here. All bands I listened to during my teen years. Especially taking Back Sunday. Eventually everyone grows out of bands like that I think. Except for those lifelong emo kids who tattoo themselves all up and dye and straighten their hair and go to Warped Tour when they are like 28... And the bands themselves. Haven't listened to any of these bands in years, but i liked it back then. For awhile I wondered why all the pop punk sounded like crap (i was more into bands like Brand New who were more...emo??) but then i realized i lost my teen angst, stopped feeling like a victim with girls, and in short just grew up.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote