Music Banter - View Single Post - R.I.P. Nate Dogg
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Yes, I'm serious

How is my comment insensitive? I think you are just thinking of it from a numbers aspect. I'm not saying that it's devastating because the guy was a celebrity. A homeless man could have died today and I would still feel sorry for the loss of life.

I don't hold the loss of one life over or below someone else. They are all equally sad situations imo.
Dude, shut up. I hope you go around feeling sad everyday, then. Because people die every single day.

Look, I don't care about your comment about Japan overshadowing Nate Dogg's death, honestly, because... I don't know, it just doesn't bother me. (I guess it's my lack of involvement, unfortunately...) But I can see how it would others, because yeah, you kind of are saying his one life was of equivalent value to however many thousand people died in the Japan tragedy.

I hate to break it to you, but some people are better than other people. People are not really equal. It would be an insult to great minds to say that they're just as good as a dolt.

So yes, in great numbers of death, certainly, good people were lost.

And it would be unfair to say that the sum of all those people's character/potential/etc. are of the exact same importance as Nate Dogg; plus, there's a lot more suffering over the Japan incident than Nate Dogg's death. (Well, if you included all the negatives and overall bad people, maybe a balance or even a negative figure could be deduced, and Nate Dogg could be considered to have been "better"... but, nevermind that. Quantity probably wins in this case.)

But, I don't care. Looking over this, it's likely that I'm ridiculously simplifying the relevance of human existence in a very subjective manner, but who cares, it's food for thought.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote