Music Banter - View Single Post - Lil Wayne, great, average, terrible?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #52 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Lil' Wayne is so enigmatic. It's like he opens his mouth and out spews these rhymes and lyrics that most people wouldn't think of in a million lifetimes. He raps with such confidence (as oppose to "swagger"). When Lil' Wayne tells you that he is a martian, it genuinely defies anyone to refute that. He is on his way to being (one of) the greatest rappers ever. Hell, he's been rapping since he was a child, and been signed to a label since he was in like middle school. I think that him trying to diversify into that all-to-bemuddled Rap/Rock mixture is going against what he does best. Is he an amazing rapper? Yes. Should he be playing guitar solo's and "singing"? No. His raspy voice just isn't capable of delivering melodic lyrics.
I think he wanted to do that just to experiment a bit. He must've woken up one day and said I want to be a Rock Star and proceed to attempt to do it and give his impression of what he thinks a rock star is/acts like and would sing about. I really love Rebirth though. Sometimes it is cringe worthy like come on Wayne this is what you really think of rock music as a whole but there are definitely some gems on Rebirth.

I also like the concept that by the end of Rebirth, his claims of being a martian comes true and he takes off. Then he decides to continue the same concept on I Am Not a Human Being.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote