Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Chinese Music - Water Town In Dream
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by humorlook View Post
This is a song i like very much these days, so i translate it here, wish you like it as well.
but it seems no music attachment available here, so if you are intereseted, you may search "梦里水乡" to taste it. The lyrics are as below:
Humorlook,

The lyrics are pretty and the singer has a very sweet voice. However, is this actually considered classical Chinese music? It sounds like pop to me, assuming I have the correct video based on the search characters and the title you gave:

梦里水乡 ("Water Town in Dream")

This song sounds like easy listening music to me...too placid to stand out in my mind as anything but background music. However, it is very restful and I like the flute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
I've heard classical chinese music and found it interesting, quite pure and direct. The notes on an instrument used sometimes feel like sparkling drops of water. Didn't know they had words to them so much though, I'm used to it as instrumentals.
Agreed.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote