Music Banter - View Single Post - The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Well, I can understand the logic behind you thinking that it may be time to call it quits. Truth is nobody really knows what they have left in the tank apart from them and over the last few years they had to suffer through guitarists coming and going and having to rebuild. However, unlike you I feel that Blood & Fire was stronger than The Royal Society. I liked the In The Garden EP but it wasn't quite up to scratch for me, so when they turned out a full length album that I loved to pieces I was very happy and had hoped that they were gonna follow it up.

Since making this thread, I have realised that I actually didn't see them tour The Royal Society. It feels as though I did because I saw them tour Blood & Fire but they did that tour not long before the recording of that album with their new guitarist. I think it may have only been a year before it. I saw them on that one too, as well as supporing System of a Down playing stuff from Horse of the Dog.

The live video I posted shows what an intense band they were on stage. I will fondly remember their frontman climbing all over The Cluny in Newcastle to throw himself into the pit.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote