Music Banter - View Single Post - Best rapper alive?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #231 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I have to admit that I haven't heard too much of Immortal Tech but my beef with him is that majority of the time his lyrics are just a bit too saturated with words that end up conflicting themselves and then he just ends up being a hypocrite within the same song. It's like he wants to use big words but doesn't know how to execute them.
I'm just a huge fan of his lyrical content, the things that he talks about are actually relavent. I agree that after listening to lots of his songs, some of them do tend to sound a little bit alike, and that some of them sound like a poetry jam with a beat added to it. He does use big words, but it's done with intent and (usually) personal knowledge/experience of what he's saying.

It's kind of hard to recommend one of his albums over another, because each one has it's specific shining points. I will say that the production value of the tracks increased greatly from Revolutionary Volume I, to Volume II, to the 3rd World. Just check him out on YouTube (if you want to, of course), but he's not everyone's cup of tea.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote