Music Banter - View Single Post - Mixtape Weekly
Thread: Mixtape Weekly
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

This week I will be discussing Travis Barker's Let the Drummer Get Wicked , Mac Miller's Best Day Ever and Lil Kim's Black Friday.

I also have two bonus treats at the end.

Travis Barker Let the Drummer Get Wicked

The highlights of this mixtape:
Travis Barker Feat Lil Wayne, Game, Rick Ross, Swizz Beatz - Can A Drummer Get Some
Clipse - Come N Get It
J Cole Feat Travis Barker - Never Holdin Me Back
Royce Da 5'9 - Detroit
Lupe Fiasco Feat Travis Barker - Joaquin Phoenix
Lloyd Banks Feat Fabolous, Travis Barker - Perfect Match
Wiz Khalifa Feat Travis Barker - Champagne
Tech N9ne - Hard Liquor Freestyle
Too Short - Snap
Big Sean Feat Travis Barker - Big Nut Bust
Three 6 Mafia - Hard ****
Xzibit - Napalm

It was really hard to pin down a favorite because I enjoyed the whole mixtape but those tracks are the ones that I really like mainly because of the artists on each track.

Mac Miller Best Day Ever

The highlights of this mixtape are..... man very hard to pick but the one that really stood out to me was "All around the world". I think the main thing that helped him on that track is that it was a Just Blaze beat. People see him as the next big thing so his production is usually top notch but they dropped the ball on this one track "Wear my hat" that beat is straight up trash because of it's weak drums. I think it's the worst song on the album. I don't see how anyone could like that track. As others have said he basically sounds like a younger white Wiz Khalifa and if you don't like Wiz then you won't like Mac. I don't mind the whole stoner, party type vibe he has but he needs to improve his flow a bit. There are times on songs when you can tell that he's rapping off beat a bit and trying to force things to flow when it doesn't.

Lil Kim Black Friday

The highlights of this mixtape: Pissin' on 'em, Killing 'em with Fabolous, Black Friday, IRS Freestyle and Lights Camera Action.

While listening to this mixtape it was such a breathe of fresh air compared to the dread that I just heard from Mac Miller. I also wanted to hear another official album from Kim, it reminded me of how talented she is. This mixtape contains a 12min track that explains why she is beefing with Nicki Minaj. I now understand and I take her side. The only thing about this is that Lil Kim is a pitbull compared to Nicki's little Chihuahua. Lil Kim straight up owns Nicki. I like them both but Kim is 10x better than her. Nicki Minaj is straight up garbage when compared to Kim. I think this is the best out of all of my submissions this week and worth checking out if you haven't yet.

Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote