Music Banter - View Single Post - Mixtape Weekly
Thread: Mixtape Weekly
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon;1011078[IMG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eP-TQH6WbX0/SEzCtIfIO4I/AAAAAAAADoc/8N8LvovaBZM/s400/Wale%2B-%2BThe%2BMixtape%2BAbout%2BNothing%2BAlbum%2BCover .jpg[/IMG]
The highlights of this mixtape is "The Kramer"

This is another mixtape I need to re-listen to because I remember there being two or three other great songs but this one stands out in my memory.
He also has another great mixtape called Back to the Feature but I will talk about that another week.

The Kramer starts out with Micheal what's his face the guy from Seinfeld cursing out his hecklers at the Laugh Factory. I don't blame him for shouting the word ****** at them because they were acting ******ish and I would have allowed it but he is a celebrity so they aren't going to let him fly with saying the word ******. I think it's so retarded that he had to go on national tv to apologize. Apologize for what!? So what he called some niggas "******", they deserved it. They were being mad disrespectful during his set. I doubt he's really racist in his heart but he was just annoyed. I don't agree with some of the things that Wale says on this track but he does have some good points. He touches on one of my pet peeves that I always tell people about it. I really hate when females complain about calling them bitches when they are with their friends and call each other bitches. Not all females are bitches but bitches and hos do exist like T.I. says.

if anyone needs a link to any of these mixtapes just shoot me a PM.
I like the flow of this and the attitude, rap/hip hop can sound a bit aggressive but that is part of what it is often, just like it is part of what punk is for example. One of the most aggressive rappers I have heard is Tim Dog from the early 90s, lots of energy and memorable voice.

The last video link doesn't work btw.
starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote