Music Banter - View Single Post - Best rapper alive?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #235 (permalink)
hoof123
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I read that whole thing but I just need to go through and listen to each budden track you posted but I just wanted to make this comment first though if you are talking about best rapper alive don't you think he SHOULD have all facets covered? Sure, he may have some poetic lines here and there but I saw you mention a couple of his weaknesses and imo if you are the best alive you should have all strengths and no weaknesses
His poetic lines are not just here and there, they are interspersed in all of his music, honestly there are some many flourishes of genius, quotables & metaphors, it would be like writing an novel of epic proportions.

So what I was trying to say is that he doesn't have any weaknesses and he does have everything locked down. Pours out his heart for his own therapy & does it so poetically.

I'll use painting as a metaphor, surely you can't expect somebody to talk so deeply in complex rhyme schemes and wordplay ALL THE TIME, every second of every song, every syllable of every word, because it would be unrealistic to think that was possible without detracting from the overall emoting painting. It would be like a Jackson Pollack piece, with colorful paint strewn everywhere, sure its pretty to look at (listen too), but it rarely carries a deeper meaning, and if it does, its too complex and dishelved to make sense off. When Budden paints, he creates a stunning piece rich with history and meaning and uses the colorful paint to embellish and enhance the image.

Kinda a daft way to put it, but I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say!!
hoof123 is offline   Reply With Quote