Music Banter - View Single Post - Rebecca Black
Thread: Rebecca Black
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #81 (permalink)
Goblin Tears
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
I will say this. Rebecca Black, good on you for sticking your neck out.

I mean, really, as terrible as she is, I respect her a million times more than the people inevitably making YTMND pages about it on the Internet to feign superiority. She took a risk, **** it.

With that said now, I only hope she fades into obscurity. I think if anything is a joke it's the fact that as a culture we're hyping this "har... It's so baddd it's funneeyyy" **** rather than promoting good music that goes unheard of(99% of all decent new music). I don't think this is a commentary about her, but as ludicrously stupid the Internet generation can be at times, as well as mentioned, the hypocrisy of pop elitists.

I don't think Rebecca Black is a loser at all, I think the world that tears into her are failures. She did something for the **** of it not expecting to become this phenomenon. Unlike popular pop stars she's not a seedy deluded wannabe diva with too much money, hyping, and backing. Just some dumb girl who made something fun to feel good. I respect that, it should have stayed that, and she should have done it without ridicule.
So many contradictions and hypocrisy in this post right here.
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote