Music Banter - View Single Post - Real emo bands!!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 05:43 PM   #40 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Frost
most of the bands there were calling themselves (and playing) emo since before any of these other flash in the pan bands came out. they play emotional songs with actual emotion live. they may not bring a stadium full of people to their shows, but they play with conviction and with love. they love what they play and have been playing it forever. i would have to say this makes them emo.
ok i agree with you that they play their music with conviction and emotion, but so do these so called flash in the pan bands...they are not saying they origional emo or anything...i think you are just frustrated that you have listened to this music for a long time, and now all of a sudden it is getting alot of attention, and many are jumping on the bandwagon, but you want to stand out as an origional...i used to be like that and that is how my attitude was... im not trying to offend you, just trying to help you out.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."