Music Banter - View Single Post - Crosswalking
Thread: Crosswalking
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mr November
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
I'm not a fan of The National at all, Ada from The Boxer is one of the few songs I've actually liked a bit by them. I also find some National fans to be overly protective of their group like they over-identify with them, I'm not counting you in that as I don't know you. The Doyle & The Fourfathers song you posted sounds pleasant enough, I'll have to look at more by them.
I'm unapologetic about me being exactly the person you and Pedestrian are talking about. I'm overly protective of the group, I over-identify with them, I think that Boxer and High Violet were both "grower" albums (because the first time I listened to High Violet I was really disappointed - now it's one of my favourite albums) - although I don't think the albums before Boxer were quite the same... they were still amazing but very different.

I found this quite funny and a really good Members Journal. If I had to justify myself in my belief in grower albums/song, I would say that it's because there's a lot being said in seemingly nothing, and the more times you listen to the songs the more you start to understand. It's definitely true what you said about routine.

Anyway, great work. Looking forward to more.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote