Music Banter - View Single Post - Foreign languages
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Default Foreign languages

Do you speak any, if so, which ones and how well? How do you feel about learning foreign languages, which ones would you like to learn, how are you going about doing so and so on..

I'm currently in the process of learning Italian, because I've always liked it and now that I work for an Italian company, it could be very useful. I went to a few courses a few years back so I have a fair grasp of the basic grammar, and in the last couple of months I've been trying to read as much as I can in Italian (started with comic books and plan to move to daily papers and possibly proper books) and I'm already seeing great improvement.

After I gain satisfactory knowledge of Italian, I plan to move on to Spanish, where, strangely enough, my vocabulary is actually wider than Italian at the moment (our TV program has been saturated with Mexican telenovelas so you can't help but pick up some things). I don't want to mix the two at the mo because they're too similar and I figure I might get confused.

In the far distant future I might give French and German a try. The only non-European language I might be interested in learning at some point is Japanese, but I'm not sure I actually wanna go through the process of learning the spectacularly complicated alphabet.

So speak, parla, habla, tell us all about it...(:

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote