Music Banter - View Single Post - Polvo
Thread: Polvo
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
Just saw these guys live. Never been more disappointed in my life.
I also want to learn what you found so disappointing. What songs did they play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Hell yeah and i'm very jealous that you are seeing them. This is still my track of the year for sure, it's fecking brilliant:
I like "Beggar's Bowl" because of the interesting rhythm pattern, quirky dissonances, the repeated odd small riffs and bended or slurred notes, and the contrast between the harsher grungy sections and the lighter bell-like moments.

However, the song didn't grab me or move me as much as my current favorite Polvo song, "Time isn't on my side" from the 1993 album "Today's Active Lifestyles," a song I prefer because I feel it has more sweetness, zip, and jangle than "Beggar's Bowl."

I've been meaning to listen to more Polvo, since the few songs I have heard make me curious about their others. What are other people's favorite Polvo songs?

Polvo - "Time isn't on my side"

EDIT: I just listened to the following song, which has a meaning that I like although the sound doesn't do as much for me as "Time isn't on my side":

Polvo - "Taste of your mind"

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 03-20-2011 at 06:24 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote