Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite love song?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #379 (permalink)
Love-song
Music Addict

my thoughts on Love...and Love songs...

...are the songs I play over-simplistic and one-sided? I choose my songs very carefully...they speak my Heart...what I feel for Another....the Love of my Life. I do not find them unrealistic...for this is the Love that I live and experience daily. Is a Love like Ours so rare...that it seems impossible for others to understand? Maybe it is...but songwriters have written of such Love...authors have written of It...poets fill pages with Love...

...what has happened in Our time...to make everyone so bitter towards Love? We are inundated with the statistics...divorce rates climbing...violence against each other...verbal and physical...these are horrible ways to live...to treat one another with such disrespect...but is it the norm?...the negative aspects of everything are focused on so intently...so it seems rare...when We hear a positive story of Love...of a couple together 50...60...70...years...and what do they say about each other? They are positive...Loving towards the Other...sure...they suffered hard times and struggled...as We all do...the many good times are what are remembered...are what are spoken of...

...I am very Blessed to have been brought together in Love with a Wonderful Man...He has given me a Life...where before...I was only existing...He has given me a Beautiful Family...where before...I was alone...He has not only showered me with Love...but has allowed me to Love Him back...in a way that I thought impossible...for the most important aspect of Love...to me...is to be able to give it with abandon...without expectation...for in the act of giving...We receive the greatest of gifts back...

...the songs I choose...I hear and play...this is my Life...these are my feelings...they are in Honour of my Love...

...I am a firm believer in...the kind of energy you put out in life...that is what you receive back...I focus on the positive...on Loving...and that is what is returned to me...

...the Man I Love...is physically many miles from me right now...in a place far removed from this kind of Love...in Our Hearts...We are together...and when I play these songs...We can disappear into them...they are a Portal...into a World of Love...

Love Is

they say It's a river...
...that circles the Earth
a beam of light...
...shinin' to the edge of the Universe
It conquers all...
...It changes everything

they say It's a Blessing...
...they say It's a gift
they say It's a Miracle...
...and I believe that It is
It conquers all...
...but It's a Mystery

Love breaks the chains...
...Love aches for every one of Us
Love takes the tears and the pain...
...and then turns it into the Beauty that remains

Last edited by Love-song; 03-20-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Love-song is offline   Reply With Quote