Music Banter - View Single Post - Fury in the world of Folk
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe View Post
I could not find anything to back up Webermans' claim that Dylan had written anti-Zionist lyrics or Holocaust denial lyrics.
On the contrary, "Neighbourhood Bully" is a strong defence of Israel.
As to AJ Weberman, I am hardly surprised Dylan is peeved off with him & he could probably sue him for libel or whatever.
In any case, Weberman appears crazier than ever & damn near incomprehensible
Thanks. I had a look at the website link you posted and agree with you; I thought it was pretty offensive the way he tried to pervert the images of "Blowing in the Wind" to promote some weird agenda of his own.
Likewise, I think your (and my) reading of Neighbourhood Bully is nearer the mark than his.

Weberman is an extreme case of the kind of over-analysis that the Beatles used to complain about. When someone writes about "mountains... washed to the sea", I see no reason to suppose anything other than a metaphor for an impossibly long process or for a catastrophy. The trouble with Weberman is that he`s incabable of letting "the sea" just be the sea.

BTW, I`ve always heard that Under A Red Sky was a really weak album. Do you think it has any hidden gems on it ?
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote