Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite love song?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #384 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
Love can be very self-centered and not necessarily selfless, I said that on another forum recently. And there are different kinds of love too, not necessarily romantic. Maybe it's the very difficulty of trying to define it which has made it such a useful subject along with all the complexities it creates. Love traditionally has been seen as ennobling and positive though and certainly a source of inspiration, though how much that is a gift to a loved one or just an expressing of oneself is debatable.
True! I usually think of love as involving the pleasure of both giving and receiving (which may just be from one's own psyche).

Speaking of the difficulty of defining love, I remember a song that always perplexed but interested me when I was a child: "Muskrat love." I remember liking this song when I was a child because I liked muskrats and any other animal. I thought the song actually was about muskrats.

Actually, maybe it is about muskrats. :/ I find this song a little annoying *now* but my child self thought it was pretty cool.

Captain and Tennille - "Muskrat Love"

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote