Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #5178 (permalink)
The Virgin
Account Disabled

I don't know why ya'll are hating MJ. True enough, he doesn't have the best singing voice, (he's even pitchy most of his singles), but he set a standard that not even Aretha/Elvis did, which is purely to "entertain". And by entertain that involves good music, cool moves, spectacular outfits, crazy music videos and amazing concert shows.

Yes we had other singers who can sing better, but they only sing for themselves. We hear them saying "I'm singing this song cause this is what I'm feeling right now, and i believe a lot can relate to this and it really brings out the emotion in me" blah blah blah. Michael Jackson is the complete opposite. He sings because he wants his fans to be entertained. If it means doing crazy stuff, so be it. And thanks to MJ, we have our modern, magnificent, beautiful performers (Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Usher, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga etc.) and they're the ones who makes the big money on their record sales. Music is not supposed to be an expression of a singer, but rather an entertainment for the audience.

Last edited by The Virgin; 03-20-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote