Music Banter - View Single Post - Things you wish you had known
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
This is me talking to me:

- When people told you, "Before you can love someone else, you need to love yourself," they weren't completely full of shit. Self-loathing really gets in the way.

- High school should really be the time of your life; you have to grow up afterwards, and probably won't even see 99% of those people on a regular basis again after graduation, so there was no reason not to live it up a little.

- The majority of people don't think they're "too good" for you, and to think otherwise is completely paranoid.

- You can spend $100 every 2 weeks and survive, saving the rest of your money. Within a year, you will have enough saved to get the hell out of Ashland. (I'm in the process of this one right now, but should have started much, much sooner)

- You really did love E...and she loved you, too. You both knew what you were getting into when it started, but you got scared and ran away. That will probably haunt you forever.

- Don't throw away mixtapes from your exes. They won't be depressing someday, and they'll actually often give you a nice, nostalgic happiness remembering the songs.

- Don't try to learn lines in the bathtub; you will drop the script in the water every single time, no matter what you tell yourself to the contrary beforehand.
Hahaha, I love that last one.
I picked out one as I don't know, but apart from that every single one of those is spot on if you ask me.
And as far as the ex-stuff go: Don't throw away ANYTHING from your exes.
It's good to have memories, even if it sucked in the end. I now notice that, talking to my ex about good things in our past, gets us a lot closer together.