Music Banter - View Single Post - Bullied Kid Got Suspended for Fighting Back
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
I fought a lot when I was his age. Schools are so paranoid about fallout from situations like this that they like to punish anyone and anyone involved to make an example. Fact is, if they looked at it on a case by case basis, they might actually be able to see that this kid had no other choice. But that would involve them actually doing their job and sticking up for one of their students, I don't see that happening, ever.
I think you're right. Punish everyone involved regardless. Whether one kid was defending himself against an aggressor or not, it doesn't really seem to matter. If anything, I would say that teachwers often get it wrong when discplining kids in these kinds of situations.

When I was in school and about 16 years old, there was one handicapped guy who had also attended my primary school and one guy a year or two below me who used to score points with his friends by bullying him or shoving him around, and obviously he would never defend himself. I saw him doing it one day and shoved him against a wall, infront of all of his friends, and had a quiet word with him and personally never saw him do it again.

However, whos really gonna end up in more trouble if a teacher sees me do that? We would either both get the same punishment or, more likely, I'd get done for that just for doing something that I didnt see them doing, which was trying to help this kid out.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust