Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #2107 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Butler View Post
I agree with you, in this society it's totally unacceptable but you have to also RESPECT the views of other societies that don't see the world like me and you do. Surely that is a fundamental human right in itself?
Lady Gaga has the freedom to write, or hire people to write and claim otherwise, a song about whatever she wants, regardless of who in what psycho-conservative country feels. There are hundreds of countries in the world. Some of which believe in horrible things up to genocide. There is no reason why anybody needs to denote extra bit of respect to these countries, and be sell censoring.

It's like your avatar with Nirvana. One could argue "I wish i could eat your cancer away when you turn back" as an extremely offensive line. You really think somebody like Kurt Cobain gave a flying ****?

No, an artist(or in Gaga's case somebody theoretically attempting to be an artist) has full reign to create without limit. Yes, Gaga rides of controversy. But that's not my fault, that's the fault of ANYONE who gets all pissy, and offended. If you ask me Gaga is extremely tame, and not worth note. However, some people, and places are different.

Regardless, there's no reason why she should adjust her formula around that. It's bad enough that she's a complete fan servicing non-risk taker who will not break the paradigm just to not violate the microscope comfort zones of her own audience, now she's expected to censor herself to the whims of fascist aspects of outdated regimes?
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote