Music Banter - View Single Post - New MB Community Site
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #74 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Ok this is something I'm wondering too. I know admin doesn't care about individual members. It's how my former large forum was, and I am guessing that it's how most big forums are. We are just page hits, that's it. But are there a lot of things mods have wanted done that haven't got done? I remember my last forum it literally took years sometimes to get things done and the admin was always making unnecessary changes and effectively killed the group of 50ish regulars over time. I guess I don't see really what we want done that hasn't been done. I don't really see any problems but maybe mods could give some insight as to what areas there is lack of administration
I agree that, fundamentally, this forum is fine the way it is, as we're all able to function in it without any serious problems. But there are those of us who would like the forum to actually grow and become better. While we're fine with doing our part here, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to undertake a separate venture simultaneously, since we know it won't happen here. When you can't even get the administrators to implement simple built-in anti-spam measures that require one click in the forum software, the reality of the situation becomes quite clear.

No one is suggesting that we abandon MB. At least, I think I can speak for most of the mods when I say that. The idea is to at least try to create something for ourselves that we can actually pour our hearts into like we want to, because it can't happen here. While there isn't much actually "wrong" here, it's disheartening to know it will never get any better. Some folks are fine with things the way they are, and that's great. It's just as valid as there being some folks who would like to create something better.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote