Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Humiliating Experience Ever
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #158 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

First one that comes to mind was when I was in first year in university and I was taking a World History course. I had a seminar for the class and we had to give a presentation, so I picked a seemingly easy topic in Nazi concentration camps. I barely put in any work in and completely half-assed it.

So, as I'm up there presenting I'm realizing just how terrible this presentation was. The prof for my seminar (happened to be the head of Modern Jewish Studies) started grilling me with questions on basically every one of my missteps. I'm usually pretty good with presentations and under pressure, and I can think on my feet pretty quickly, but this was just a good old-fashioned choke-job. My vision starts to go blurry, and my hearing starts to fade. I can hear him saying something but I can't make it out, so I just start nodding and saying yeah. I can hear laughter from the class too. I just hastily finished my presentation (completely in the middle of it) in a way that made no sense and told the professor I was going to go to the washroom. After I started to calm down in the washroom I see I'm completely DRENCHED with sweat. I was so embarrassed that I waited until the class was finished to get my stuff. I told the professor some excuse that I'd been ill lately and I hadn't eaten that morning or something.

I have a friend that was in that class that still makes fun of me for it.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote