Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 10 METAL Bands
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #1109 (permalink)
King_Matt
Music Addict

1. Pantera - What's not to love about this band? Dimebag's extreme yet complex solos and riffs match Phil's loud-ass vocals perfectly.

2. System of a Down - One of the only nu-metal bands I like. I fell in love with this band about a year ago and I still love em.

3. Slayer - C'mon. It's Slayer.

4. Black Sabbath - The founders of metal. You HAVE to appreciate them. And they're just a pretty kick-ass group.

5. Metallica - Some great thrash to bang your head to. Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning is their best work IMO.

6. Iron Maiden - They have so much music I could live off of them for the rest of my life. Great band.

7. Rage Against the Machine - They combined rap and metal perfectly. Tom Morello is a very talented guitarist and de la Rocha is an excellent rapper.

8. Megadeth - They have put out some very decent albums. Another band I could probably live off of the rest of my life.

9. Testament - I only just recently discovered Testament and I must say I'm pretty impressed. Great instrumental work.

10. Motörhead - Just all-around great speed metal. I love their style.

As you can see I don't really listen to much underground, but I am trying my best to dig and find some more bands to add to my library.
King_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote