Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Pet Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #543 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

What is her temperament like? Cos in Turkey there's strict exportation laws to keep the breed pure - it's quite common for anatolian mixes to have a bit of psycho streak or be prone to diseases. They generally get rid of mixed puppies over there - the thing is, there's a lot of street dogs, and pretty much every street dog has a bit of Anatolian blood, because where they work they just roam free and guard livestock like you said, fight wolves and ****, and they pretty much bone any dog they see.

The thign about animals is you have to get them used to them from a young age. Like my dog had never seen a sheep in his life, so if he saw one he'd probably attack/bone it. The guarding instinct tends to fall to the family looking after them; the dog sees them as its "flock" that it has to guard, they're pretty territorial too. He was really good with kids, that seems to be some built in instinct, but he didnt play well with other dogs either - the only dog he ever got along with was when we took him to see a female Kangal a few hundred miles away. It was lols, he was trying to bone her but she kept snapping at him like "I'm not that sorta gal you've gotta take me to dinner first"

Then he dug up all her bones and reburied them in different places. What an idiot, as if he's gonna come back for them later

But yeah case in point if you got a mixed breed one with a good temperamant, you're one of the lucky few
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote