Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #7993 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty
crukster, don't be bothered by Plum. She was baiting you. "I hate how people throw feminist around as an insult." Then you clearly specify you are only talking about extremists and have nothing against women's rights and she still gets on your **** about it. You'll get a good feel for how people are over time.
oh right lol, well cheers for the heads up but it didn't really bother me tbh, she asked a question and I did my best to answer. If that was bait, that was shrimp bait, I'm big game she'll have to do better than that to catch me out *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine
The problem lies in the fact that it's truly impossible to tell whether was seems like an extreme view at the time may turn out to have been necessary in the future. It's easy to tell with some things (the extremes :P) But with the middle ground? Not so much.
I would say its defined by the parameters of intended/slash desired effect. The initial reasoning/slash drive. and achieved through moderation.

Like the whole point of going to the moon, first and foremost well its to see whats up there surely. So what I would call extremism or "unneccessary" extremism is going to such a lengths to complete your goal that you actually undermine the reason you're doing it

For example, shooting a rocket INTO the moon and blowing it up. Sure, you'll get there, but then there's nothing left.

I would also couple in witht that like, undesired "side effects", there's always risks and sometimes the riskier option is the best one, but if there's too many unneccessary risks then again that's unneccessarily extreme. Like again, if we're sticking with the moon example, loading up the shuttle with a lot of equipment that is very unlikely to be used, thats unneccessary and will cause more harm then good.

A little bit of modesty goes a long way.

This has been a bit of a rant I apologise, I'll sum up my whole stance in one nice sentence-

The ends do not always justify the means.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote