Music Banter - View Single Post - Bullied Kid Got Suspended for Fighting Back
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #154 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I think your Judo friend was doing it wrong. he's supposed to use your momentum to feed into the throws and if he couldn't accomplish that , he needed to switch it up and get working on his sweeps. If worse comes to worse I do fight a bit dirty to get the person off guard so that I CAN accomplish at least the over the shoulder throw lol
he's somewhere between lifting me up and tripping me - i only had to sweep kick and sideswipe his chest to knock him down - if I had used the kickboxing one punch technique, he would have ended up in a hospital

Quote:
MMA is all fine and dandy but I prefer to learn one and perfect it than be a jack of all trades sort of speak and only know the basics of certain ones. Granted I only know the basics of Judo but if I had the opportunity I would go further with it.
I suppose I had taken so many classes, mine is a sort of MMA, I study Bruce Lee's techniques also - usually I go for the fastest takedown - prolonged fights are not my thing - I'm definitely not the showy wushu type

Quote:
I wouldn't suggest a replica because if things went completely wrong and you actually do NEED a bullet to come out of it then you are screwed.
thing is Replicas are illegal here - i can only get a real one by applying for a permit