Music Banter - View Single Post - Bon Jovi: "Steve Jobs Killed Music"
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
Moo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
There is one major flaw in your theory. Not everyone uses iTunes to get their music. Only people that are brainwashed by Mr. Jobs resorts to that. There are so many other venues out there to get the same music YOU are paying for free that people that know how to obtain them will most likely get them for free instead of paying for them through iTunes

How is that a flaw in my theory when that is exactly what I said? I was saying he is a bright spot for the industry on the internet, and when people go through itunes at least some revenue goes to the artists instead of none. Obviously the internet has other ways of transferring music, but that was my entire point. With the development of the internet music was going to get downloaded no matter what. Thankfully itunes has been successful so revenue is still generated to a certain degree where it otherwise wouldn't have been.

Read again what you wrote, your argument is that the INTERNET is killing the music industry, and that Steve Jobs is PART of the industry, which is true.

You sound like you are just angsty against the "Man", which is fine by me I feel the same way sometimes, but using iTunes =/= brainwashed. I like supporting the music I like financially, and I wish on top of being easy and convinient iTunes gave 99% profit to artists instead of 70%, but the world ain't perfect and neither am I.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote