Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #235 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
doesn't mean the whole group's is^ hell, other than Tyler and Earl, the rest of the group can be pretty tame in subject matter (ex-Mike G, Domo, MellowHype). alot of their songs are really just about stuff they do and care about, like getting bitches and getting high, but I still say it's they WAY they do it (the so called "swag" you seem to hate) that makes it enjoyable. imo, hearing stuff like Gravediggaz and Kool Keith is alot less enjoyable than OF because of how blunt and dry they deliver their stuff. i'll say right now: I DON'T GIVE A SH*T ABOUT HORRORCORE, but Odd Future's way of using shock lyrics and crazy imagery in such a tongue in cheek manner makes me actually enjoy listening to lyrics about rape and insanity without feeling a large amount of cheesiness with it.
Fair play dude, all I'm saying is, though I do have some time for them, I dont think they're anything particularly special. Earl and Blackenedwhite are really good albums, and Bastard is ok. But, if you compare them to something like Dr. Octagonecologyst or 6 Feet Deep, they don't measure up, in my opinion.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote