Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Why do the unoriginal and repetitive lyrics bother me? Maybe because I realize the Black Eyed Peas are famous and presumably wealthy for singing songs with lyrics so simple that I could have written them, if I'd wanted to, in just a few minutes. So I feel an indignant '*I*could have done that!' feeling...yet the point is I *didn't* and they *did*...and so I have to face my own fears about whether I fail to take the initiative to use my abilities as thoroughly as I could.

I'd say this song pretty much sums that up. Look carefully at the number of views if you go to the youtube page... 56 million? I worry about where humanity is heading sometimes... I even like his older stuff. But if I was a fan of the Steelers, I would probably hunt him down and stab him in the vocal chords for what he's done.

..........Really J? I even listened to these songs so I could form some ideas about what it actually is that makes me so angry about it. It's not even the screaming part that sounds exactly the same every time that sounds crappier than a lot of metal I've heard. It's the fact that the main riff of the song has a decent bass riff with massively annoying clear guitar tones scraping away over top, and the vocals are mixed so ****tily that you can't even hope to have any idea what he's saying. Also, it depresses me that this is by one of my favorite bands because it is so ****ing horrible compared even to the rest of this album, undoubtedly their worst in my eyes.

EDIT:

This came on next. And I forgot it just might be worse.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote