Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #15243 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
everyone is different though, some times meds work for people and for others they just don't. I'm lucky that I have tax payer dollars footing the bill for my meds. I just head to the local VA Clinic and pick up my meds free of charge. Well they used to be free and now I just recently started getting a bill but it's not bad. 5 bucks for a month's supply.
i usually get my supply from a government-funded hospital for free, I only pay for Olanzapine which is too expensive for them to subsidise - it costs about USD100 per month

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
I had written a big long post about how I have a Paranoid Schizophrenic cousin, then pressed back by mistake and lost it all

Long story short: dj, be careful when you just dump your medication like that, doctors generally know best and if you don't want to talk to one about how the drugs weren't working, at least tell a friend you trust that you're not on meds so that they can tell you if you start acting oddly: as I'm sure you know, one of the major problems with the condition is that your actions never seem crazy to yourself (which led to huge problems with my cousin, he never wanted to take his drugs, to the point where he had to be tied down and injected with them at one point, which was a pretty harrowing experience (he's doing better now)).
they should do that to my fren - she calls me up and shouts at me for no apparent reason, I get phone calls at 4 in the morning, she calls my house at midnight, she can't take a hint when I don't wanna do lunch with her
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote