Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #112 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I'll say right off the bat that I consider myself an atheist and I'm not angry or a 12 year old. I'm pretty uncaring about labels, but by definition I would be an atheist since atheism is basically the non-belief in a God or Gods. I don't know why you equate atheism with anti-religion. I know some atheists are anti-religion but that's not what atheism is.

For myself, religion just is not a part of my life. It isn't something I really think about or care about. I don't care what others believe in either, though I do find it stupid that some people let religion run their lives. I personally don't consider atheism a religion. Like you said in your first paragraph, I consider atheism a term given to people who do not believe in a God.
Well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
exactly! that's what I thought upon hearing it at first but I'd like to be enlightened. it's not nice to laugh at others religions.
You're right, but I am laughing more at the concept of a non-religion (I don't consider it one) of having a church. Maybe a meeting place/group/gathering, but I wouldn't refer to it as a church (but I'd rather argue about semantics at this point).
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote