Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #3323 (permalink)
EvilChuck
#based

Out of all of them, McEachren is the only one currently I can see struggling to get into his club side. From what I've seen, and what I've been told by Chelsea mates, he is very talented, but in the next season or two I'm not sure he'll get alot of games ahead of Lampard or Essien, which leaves him, Mikel and Ramires fighting for what seems to be one spot in Chelsea's midfield.

Welbeck will be interesting next season, whether he goes back to United or stays at Sunderland could decide whether he goes to the Euros or not. I cant see him getting much game time at United, not unless Berbatov and Owen suddenly disappear completely and he becomes part of a three man choice with Rooney and Hernandez, so he may be better off staying at Sunderland for another season until there is a space at United for him.

I think the management is more important than the players though currently. As fans we can see the potential for success in the future, should it be handled properly. But with a manager whose only obligation is to get to the Euros and not look beyond that, I cant help but think we're wasting time with the developing of the young players. I'd say its better to get a manager tied to a long term contract, to give them the time to transition the team into the next decade or so. Whether that's Capello or someone else doesnt matter really, it just needs to be a long term plan.
EvilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote