Music Banter - View Single Post - Bon Jovi: "Steve Jobs Killed Music"
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #73 (permalink)
Buzzov*en
Anxiety Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
Wait, what? First of all, I find it a bit rich that you're calling me an elitist when you have proclaimed yourself that an entire genre of music is complete garbage because you don't like it.

Secondly, did you actually address my point at all there? Seeing as you really didn't flesh out anything beyond yet more statements again, I'm going to make an attempt to post what I think your points are and then counter them. Do correct me if I've got it wrong, but you're not giving me much to work with here :P
Calling a genre **** does not make me an eltist. Talking about album mystery (frist time I ever heard that in my life) and complaining about itunes the way you are makes you an eltist.

Quote:
1) People who bought singles didn't care about "Album Mystery"

There's a bit of a difference between knowing two or three songs on an album and knowing every song on the track, as I'm sure you know but you're just being obtuse for the sake of not admitting that I have any point whatsoever.
Um a track is a song. You don't have a point stop being delusional and crying over album mystery haha. Who gives a **** that people do not enjoy listening to music the way you do? Get over it.

Quote:
Then again, there's a problem here, which is the amount of money people have to spend on records. Maybe in Bon Jovi's childhood, LPs were cheap enough that you could dish out on a random album you didn't know anything about, but these days, I know very few students who have the money to buy CDs on a whim, so maybe the point is obsolete. Maybe he is yearning after a lost childhood that was ruined as much by the record companies as it was by iTunes, but for him, something is gone that can never be replaced. Have you never grouched about anything in your life?
Oh well he needs to get over it. He is a moron. His arguement is pretty thing just like your's. OMG someone can't enjoy music? Please....... if they want to they will. Who the **** cares how people listen to music? Each person is different and gets something different from what they listen to.

Quote:
2) "but you said it yourself. There is still the majority of the album that was not listened to."

Not sure what to make of this sentence. Either you're agreeing with me (in which case, great! We've come to an agreement about something) or you're twisting my words to say that people only listened to the singles on an album anyway and the rest of it went unlistened. If that's the case, that's bull****. I've never only listened to the singles on an album, neither have any of my close friends (most of whom listen to Bon Jovi!), and neither did either of my parents or my girlfriend or her family. The whole concept of not actually listening to an entire album belongs in the very different genre of pop music, which only really started when CDs started mass-producing, so it definitely didn't happen when Bon Jovi was young :P
No I said there is still the majority of an album that has not been listened to so listening to a few singles and 90 seconds of a song does not ruin what you call album mystery.

Quote:
I think I should say at this point that I came into this thread originally to say that Bon Jovi wasn't as bad as people were making him about to be, seeing as everyone was basically using this thread as an insult fest against him. It was more out of curiosity than anything, and on the majority of point i originally made, I seem to have come to a middle ground with most posters (see the recent couple of posts with Music Phantom).
Have you met him personally? Do you know some of the things he has done that warrant people making him out to be a horrible person? I know I can speak for myself here that I do. The reason you do not see him as bad is because you like him.

Quote:
However, you've continually beaten this point again and again despite the fact that even if it's right, and it might have an element of truth, it automatically then justifies everything you're saying about Bon Jovi being Garbage and nothing in that entire genre being worth listening to. That's the problem I have with the way you're posting. As a result, unless someone has something new to say, I'm going to leave it with this:

So Bon Jovi made a couple of remarks to a journalist about how he doesn't like Apple. Wow, that makes him unique in the world. Wow, he's annoyed about the fact that something from his childhood no longer exists. Can you think of nothing about which you feel the same way? And he chose a scapegoat who is probably not entirely at fault for the situation, but to be honest, Steve Jobs is a bit of a **** anyway, and I'm not going to lose any sleep over him having to take some flak from someone.
But you will lose sleep over anyone ripping on an artist you like. Bon Jovi should just shut up. It is as simple as that especially when he is completely off.

Quote:
However, none of this means that he's in any way a bad guy, or "responsible for the death of the music business" himself, just because he made a nostalgic grumble. He's not the first person in history to do it, and I'm pretty sure anyone above the age of 18 on this forum has given out in the past about something they used to have not existing anymore, and blaming a particular person or company for it. Who hasn't? Cut him some slack, he's only human.
I have some personal hate torwards Bon Jovi besides his ****ty music. I don't give slack to ignorant people like Bon Jovi. He needs to get over it. Technology changed music for the better. He is just bitter.

Quote:
And regarding his music: you may love it or hate it, but Bon Jovi still have a ****load of fans, and have still produced a tonne of albums, and are still enjoyed by a large number of people out there on a musical basis. They may not be the greatest composers ever seen, they may not have hidden meanings in every track, they may not really stretch themselves outside their comfort zone and they may get pretty repetitive sometimes, but they have some damn good tracks. So it might not be your thing, but please, learn to separate Opinion from Fact.
Since when does the amount of fans determine if music is good or not? Take your own advice. Stating that he has some damn good tracks as if it is a fact than telling me to seperate opinion from fact makes you a hypocrite.

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote