Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #157 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schranz bass View Post
Whoa....nationalism....
Ok, ok, ok: YOUR people are better at killing, and holding grudges; so simian.

I thought only gorillas are proud of killing and hurting.
Now when you say "gorillas" do you mean King Kong-ish type primates or non-conscript militant irregulars? Context clues leans towards the latter but I'm not sure. Anyway scientific study reveal that the King Kong-ish type primates are for the most part docile, and the fact that animals are instinctual they don't conjure up a past memory and feel proud about them (you are erroneously assuming animals process thoughts like humans) so taking all of that into consideration one can not properly come to the conclusion "gorillas are proud of killing and hurting."

Quote:
Dirty... 'Beautiful' is a word to describe something, or someone, that evokes love. It is the essence which is beautiful, not facial symmetry. This smattering of beauty is everywhere, yeah?...
They did a study and they found that most women do prefer facial symmetry, while men on the other hand don't seem to notice or mind much. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and yes sometimes facial symmetry does matter (whether instinctually or sub-conscientiously) to the beholder.

Quote:
, I have a lot greater literary dexterity than you, but could you please raise the tone of your messages?
"Dexterity" implies skill in physical movement, if you were as smarts as you say you are, wouldn't you be able to choose a word more apt to describe your verbal ability than physical ability? That statement certainly does not live up it it's expectation. imo I think he's more articulate than you by default.

Quote:
Your arguing semantics doesn't disguise your imbecility.

By 'drawing pictures' I meant, do I have to simplify it enough for you to understand? and it seems that I do. But, judging from all the verbiage you've dumped here, you would still entirely miss the point.
I don't think you noticed, but the topic of religion here has not been a metaphor.
Please, spare me any more witlessisms.
Still I think the ideology you are enamored with is your religion, you have the same fervency in spouting your ideas and derisively knocking down your opponents metaphorically as a any fundamentalist would do.

In as far a religion means something one is "bound" and that in turn is a metaphor for a deeper meaning, I would say for example in the Judaic tradition when you take into consideration the story of the Akeidat Yitzchak yes it is, in the sense that you look below the surface of what is physically happening in the story and look deeper into the meaning of the story and what lessons are to be learned from it.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote