Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #158 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schranz bass View Post
Religion and all religious people need to be extinguished. It is the religious mentality that is holding humanity back. Religion is for people who don't know how to be good. WHen you prattle on that humans can't be good without religion I can tell you have the E.Q. of a rotting orange peel.

I guarantee my moral standards are far better than yours, for mine are real. Remember how you were banging on about war and killing? "The next world war". Remember that? There is no denying that you are a very low thinking ape. You don't know how to be good, and if you did not have your religion, you would be out murdering people and sodomising "westerners". We can't keep a Turk down, right? You have religion and nationalism.....very dangerous.

Oh yeah, you're the ultracrepidarian who says THC is similar to LSD.

"Acid comes from fungus I.E mushrooms. Mushrooms are psychoactive. Weed has psychoactive elements.

Thus, Weed is a mild form of Acid."

Remember that? This is your deductive reasoning. It seems readily apparent that you employ this same flapdoodle in
evaluating the world.

You talk about violence and hurt the same way a shaved, talking gorilla would. If aliens came to Earth and took you away with the rest of your gorilla harem, humanity would be better. People would better be able to be humane and helpful.

IF, one day you discovered your belief system was a lie, and that there is no god, beyond any reasonable doubt, you would no longer have any reason to be good. DOn't you see? Your religion is obscurantism. The idea that humanity NEEDS religion, is terrible. That is not the right message.

I suggest you read about 'mirror neurons', and discover why humans are good. Another thing, read about Professor Michael Persinger: God Helmet

And fukc atheism. HOw can people be defined by what they are not? The point is, 'atheists' know how to be good on their own. Humanity should be heading towards higher thinking. This scourge of nationalism is hindering our capacity to advance. Nationalism is acceptable racism. Try this: secular humanism.

So, crukster, why are you good? What do you hope to accomplish? What is the best way to educate children? What is the problem with the status quo? What needs to be changed in the message on TV and the like? How can we change it to encourage intellectualism and artistic endeavour?
This is probably the last thing I'm gonna reply to you unless you can come up wth some better responses man.

Cos you're using Strawmans.

Quote:
WHen you prattle on that humans can't be good without religion
I never said this.

You're saying they can't be good with religion.

I'm saying it's important what people do, and anyone who understands that would understand the inherent goodness of the intention of religion. The idea of spreading Humanic beliefs.

You don't have to be religious to give a **** and do good things.

But you wouldnt be anti-religion if you did.

You would be anti-agenda, and anti- to the corruption of religion.

Not religion itself.

Quote:
I guarantee my moral standards are far better than yours, for mine are real.
So real that you can write off an entire race of people. Not the governmental system, not the religion, not the education system, no. i'd have no problem with you saying that because those things are man-made and changeable, liable to corruption.

No, you insulted our BLOOD. Our "Blood" makes us stupid, according to you.

Quote:
You have religion and nationalism.....very dangerous.
Proving me right. You're afraid of what people can do when they have something to believe in.

I'm proud of my homeland. I wanna see it do well. That doesnt mean I neccessarily wanna see others do badly. Only if they've got ill will i wish that.

The point is we should all be Nationalist of our Planet, ultimatly.

Quote:
"Acid comes from fungus I.E mushrooms. Mushrooms are psychoactive. Weed has psychoactive elements.

Thus, Weed is a mild form of Acid."

Remember that? This is your deductive reasoning. It seems readily apparent that you employ this same flapdoodle in
evaluating the world.
Again, this is your problem.

I'm talking about the Human experience of the drug.

You talk about the "scientific construction of its formula".

Which is all well and good but hardly transcends the Human experience. For all you know your formula is flawed.

Quote:
IF, one day you discovered your belief system was a lie, and that there is no god, beyond any reasonable doubt, you would no longer have any reason to be good. DOn't you see? Your religion is obscurantism. The idea that humanity NEEDS religion, is terrible. That is not the right message.
Not really. I posit your own "morals" are based on Social norms.

I dont kill, I dont rape, i dont steal etc. Because I believe there is a wider framework to the Universe. I believe we all come from the same place, and Humanity is my Brothers and Sisters.

If you don't believe this, then your so-called "moral" structure has no grounds. You only don't do the things people say are bad, because many people agree that they're bad.

I don't do bad things because I believe them to flawed. That is my definition of evil - flaw.

If I killed indiscriminatly, I would be killing every chance of progression, every discovery every idea that person migth come up with. I dont kill indiscriminatly because I value life. Islam presents to me a system around the protection of that value, amongst others.

You've demonstrated your ignorance again by failing to read my previous post and "projecting" your own anger at religion onto it.

I don't follow religion out of fear. I don't follow it because I'm told to. I follow it because I believe it.

Furthermore it could never be proven that there is no God, saying this shows you have a flawed understanding of God. You think of God as Jesus Christ, the man in the sky lmao, which to be clear - I have no problem if someone wants to believe that. The problem is you believe it but you wont accept it. You're a closet Christian.

In my own belief - God is the Almight power of all creation, the highest form of existence whatever it may be, the Alpha the Omega, the All, the collective energy of all Creation e'erwhere.

If there is no God, then I am God.

Disprove that.

If there is no Highest Power in the universe, then i claim to be the highest power in the Universe.

Kneel before me.

Quote:
So, crukster, why are you good? What do you hope to accomplish? What is the best way to educate children? What is the problem with the status quo? What needs to be changed in the message on TV and the like? How can we change it to encourage intellectualism and artistic endeavour?
You present numerous complex questions and expect me to write an answer here and now?

I will, if neccessary. I'l write 30 pages.

But that defeats the point.

I would have to think about these things.

It's moot to ask why I'm good- because I am not good. Why I try to be good, is for the betterment of Myself and of Humanity. I learn from my mistakes, I keep on rolling. I exist, Humanity exists, we are all alive. For as long as we are, our purpose is to maintain that and progress it. DO great things, attain knowledge, achieve great feats, cut the throats of great evils, build beautiful cities.

If you want to successfully argue against religion, you're going to have to accept the fact that there are many people who think about their religion. And have made a concious decision to pledge themselves to a progressive idea.

You have none. If you don't believe, thats up to you.

You have no right to tell others not to believe.

I have a right to tell them to believe. You have no right to tell them not to.

Because I offer a system they can choose to adopt. You offer no system; nothing. Go live in a hole somewhere if you want nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shranz Bass the hypocrite exhibit A
As usual, wrong again. When viewing the concept of 'atheism' (what a vapid word. It is a cliche) as trying to eradicate religion, it seems deplorable. The goal of secular humanists is not to eradicate religion directly, but to encourage humanism and reason. If the world can all work toward a common goal to make humanity better, to make better people, with as few restrictions as possible, there will be no need for religion because people will learn that beneficence and altruism is innate in us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shranz Bass the hypocrite exhbibit B
Religion and all religious people need to be extinguished. It is the religious mentality that is holding humanity back. Religion is for people who don't know how to be good.

Ignoring the fact these two statements contradict each other, in response to exhibit A;

so you think we magically know how to do whats right when we're born? We magically already know the best things to do? Sounds like a relgiious idea to me.

Why are there rapists then, why are these pedophiles?

I guess they#'re born like that, eh? How convenient. Means you dont have to take the time to educate them. means you wont be responsible if your education fails.

Thats all bull****. When we're born, we know nothing of the World. How could we - we've never been here before.

Fair enough we have instinct. Instinct is not enough. Did you know what a tree was when you were born? Could you wipe your own arse? Did you know how to fix an engine?

No. Ergo these things, amongst many others, including morals, must be learnt. Ergo a system must be in place to pass down what works. Thus, Religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty
I don't see how atheism is a cult any more than christianity or islam or any other religion. You seem to have a warped sense of what atheism is. I imagine you view atheism as some big club or something. "The group of the non-grouped"... Do you not understand that being an atheist just means that you don't believe in a God. If you have a disbelief of God, you are an atheist. It isn't a choice, that's just what you are by definition. It isn't some club that people subscribe to. Some people don't want to be called atheist for whatever reason but it doesn't change that they are.

Groups OF atheists exist. If a religious group wants to put out their message, why don't you think its okay for an atheist group to do the same? I think it's stupid for either group to advertise like the example you talked about, since all it does is turn the non-believers off even more, but why can one group promote their "message" and the other group can't? I feel like atheists like that are more concerned with showing people that they can be good people and live great lives without a religion. Which is entirely true and I don't really see a problem with it other than thinking religious advertising of any kind is stupid.

Your comment on competition is just stupid, what are they competing for? Competing to gain what? More members? There's no prize here. I'm not allying myself with anyone. I don't believe in God, that's all there is to say about it. I used to be more anti-religion, and now I'm more uncaring. Some people are helped by their beliefs and are raised a certain way. So although I think their beliefs might be stupid, I don't care enough to bash them or try to change their views. You just have this strange view of atheism and I don't get it.
It doesn't need a name. I don't believe in magic Unicorns. I am NOT, an Aunicornist. If someone calls me one I'd probably hit em. Unicornes play no part in my life. I want no recognition from the Unicorn world. i dont need to be a part of what they're doing, at all.

No, I dont believe they have a right to simply "spread a message" I believe they have a right to spread a message they believe in. Most christians believe that accepting Jesus Christ will make your life happier. Thats why they put the message out there, they wish, in their heart that everyone would be Christian, to share that joy they feel, to make the World a better place. I can tell them I don't need to be Christian to do that. I respect what they're doing and so long as it isnt forced, then it doesnt bother me. people make their own decisions.

atheists on the other hand such as that group, say they're putting the message out of there being no God, just because they have a right to. SO, what they dont believe what they#re even saying?

Or they do. And they want everyone to be atheist. Ergo they are a group; a cult, that worship the idea of NOTHING, and they want to eradicate every religion and have people worshipping nothing.

Imo "nothing" Is Satan because it represents the destruction of all things.

So point 1 - I have a problem that most atheists are not commited to what they're preaching.

Point 2 - I ddont like what it is they're actually preaching. Other than minor details which are irrelevant in the end I have no problem with Christianity but I have a problem with NOTHING.

To clarify I am not saying all religious people neccessarily want everyone to be religious, and I am not saying all non-religious people neccessarily want everyone to be non-religious, but I am saying that people who affiliate themselves with groups, and taking a proactive stance such as putting out advertisements, clearly have a message they're trying to spread.

There are hardliners on both sides, imo what's Universal and what matters is that people just live a half decent life.

Last edited by crukster; 03-29-2011 at 10:53 AM.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote