Music Banter - View Single Post - Senior Newby? Don't Tase Me, Bro!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Greenbrier_River_Slick
Groupie

Default Senior Newby? Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Hi there - I hope I have not committed an egregious faux pas by posting 3 times before I did an intro. Please accept my apologies if so.

I'm a 58 year old guy living in Eastern Tennessee. My musical preferences are rock, blues, some jazz, a little country, some folk. I've been exposed to different styles of music from the time I was old enough to pay attention. I can tolerate a lot of stuff I don't particularly care for. What I CAN NOT tolerate is:

Rap & Hip/Hop - I literally detest any music that has that chanting/urban beat sound - to me, it's not music. Not to step on anyone's toes - if you like it, that's fine. Just don't expect me to want to hear it.

Current popular country music - ala Kenny Chesney. This is nearly as bad as rap & Hip/Hop. The lowest common denominator in today's music.

A sampling of what I like - Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Kinks, Animals, Bowie, Billy Joel, Eagles, John Mayer.

I know a lot of younger people don't care for Mayer - my son did for a while, then seemed to get completely turned off to him. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt, I don't know. I unabashedly admit to being a fan.

Well, I hope to get to know and learn some new things from some of you.

Oh yeah - I hate emoticons - you won't see me using them.
Greenbrier_River_Slick is offline   Reply With Quote