Music Banter - View Single Post - Bullied Kid Got Suspended for Fighting Back
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #187 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
If the tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound if nobody is there to hear it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Yes, of course it does make a sound. That was always one philosical question that I thought was just plain silly. I don't get how people could think otherwise.
But what IS sound, if there is nobody to hear it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
This is kind of like my experience. Until high school I was always one of the tallest kids in my grade. I also had a deep voice and facial hair before most of the other guys and was--I'm sure this won't surprise anyone here--a major wiseass. By the time high school rolled around I was more average height than tall compared to other people but I think I was kind of entrenched in people's minds as someone they didn't want to mess with so I never had any problems with being bullied or anything.
I wouldn't say got bullied as such either, and since school I've managed to keep under the radar for the most part. I kind of look a certain way that keeps me out of trouble, I feel. And whenever I have found myself in some trouble, I've usually been the one trying to calm things down.

I gotta say though, even though I would generally claim to be happy about being the guy who usually tries to defuse situations or break fights up, sometimes it really, really does not pay off.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust