Music Banter - View Single Post - How different of a person would you be without music?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #68 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
Perfect statement that.
Really?? No one has ever said I've made a perfect statement before. I am basking in this moment (bask, bask)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
swimming is just Zen for me
Yes, that's true, swimming is very Zen, but maybe that's the reason swimming reminds me of listening to music. Both seem meditative to me, drawing you into yourself but also making you feel connected to what surrounds you. Both fill up a sense so fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown787 View Post
How would your life be different if you weren't ever into some of the artists you have been into?
In my last post I forgot to answer BTown's original question. I have never been into any particular artist in a major way, although I have felt moved by certain songs now and then, so my life wouldn't really have been any different if I hadn't heard the music of particular artists.

Most music just doesn't affect me deeply. Music is a little like eating cookies. I have enjoyed many different types of cookies, but without certain cookies life wouldn't change drastically for me. I *would* miss the texture, criss-cross pattern, and smell of peanut butter cookies, though, if I had never had one and could know what I was missing. Peanut butter cookies feel like home.

Similarly, occasionally there is a song that moves me very much and stays in my memory so that I carry some of its feeling with me even when I'm done listening to it. If I had never heard that song I would miss it, if I knew it existed to be missed.

One such song is...

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote