Music Banter - View Single Post - Chris Benoit
Thread: Chris Benoit
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 05:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
EvilChuck
#based

What are you suggesting? That he was killed by someone from WWE?

If you remember, he was supposed to be at a PPV show on the sunday night, but didn't show up. The commentators said on the night that he'd had a family emergency. Its not out of the realms of possibility that he explained the severity of the emergency, and had told those in charge that his wife had died. If WWE officials (the McMahons) knew she had died because he'd told them, its not crazy to think that news spread around the headquarters quickly, with someone deciding to update the wikipedia page before it was taken down (by whom? If I was to guess, I'd say someone who thought it was a hoax like so many other celebrity deaths posted on wikipedia).

I seem to recall the reason why the police even went to the Benoit house was because of a text that had been sent to Chavo Guerrero, saying something like"someone will need to let the dogs out", which raised alarm bells in Chavo's head, calling for the police to investigate and discover the three dead bodies

Then the rest is as known. Raw was a tribute show, by the next night police had determined that Benoit himself had killed his family before killing himself, and WWE took the understandable decision to distance themselves from him.

I am of the opinion that nothing sketchy was done by anyone but Chris Benoit, who was a fantastic wrestler but ultimately will be remembered as the wrestler who killed his wife and son, before killing himself.
EvilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote